Workplace Ergonomics Trainer
Sarah's interest in occupational health has involved working in both the public and private sector. She takes a practical and participative approach with ergonomic advice and training courses. She has undertaken DSE assessments, manual handling and ergonomic assessments in a variety of industries.
Sarah's research in the field of occupational health has included use of the computer mouse, undertaken as part of her Master’s degree in Physiotherapy. During her time at RGIT in Oxfordshire, and in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive, she was involved with looking at back pain in small and medium enterprises Back in Work HSE 2002. More recently she was involved with looking at Work Related Upper Limb Disorders amongst scientists at Oxford University.
Sarah's background as a Physiotherapist specialising in musculoskeletal disorders provides her with an in depth understanding of the health aspects of ergonomics. She has worked as a senior and clinical lead Physiotherapist, in the NHS, for 30 years teaching both staff and students. Within the NHS she has managed a case load of complex musculoskeletal disorders. She continues to work clinically treating patients.
- 1997- current: Occupational health: undertaking ergonomic risk assessments, advising on vehicle, VDU and manual handling ergonomics and fitness for work
- 1997-current: Senior physiotherapist in OxfordshireNHS
- 2009 -2010: Clinical specialist lecturer in Occupational Health and Ergonomics at Brookes University Oxford
- 1982-1997: Junior and senior physiotherapist roles in NHS hospitals working for Oxford, Birmingham and Sandwell health authority
- 1986-1994: Clinical supervisor to physiotherapy undergraduate students
- 2004 MSc (Merit) Physiotherapy Coventry University
- 1982 MCSP Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, Wolverhampton School of Physiotherapy
- Registered member of the Association of Physiotherapists in Occupational Health and Ergonomics
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Member of the Health Professions Council